1 Mar 2022

Chanting Psalms in the Dark

The Plough posted today an inspiring article, Chanting Psalms in the Dark, that you should take time to read in the midst of the turmoil of the past days. Susannah Black interviews Brittany Petruzzi about her project to chant through the Psalter and post it on her YouTube channel. An excerpt:

At the beginning of Covid, I just started thinking that I should do daily psalm-chanting.

Then in December 2020, I found out that I had a brain tumor; less than a week later I was in the hospital getting it removed. It was a seven-centimeter tumor right behind my forehead, squishing my brain back. Enormous amounts of pain. But it was on the meninges, on the outside of my brain. As my neurosurgeon described it, this is the kind of brain tumor you want, if you’re going to have a brain tumor.

I’d been having vision problems since April. But the doctors said, once the pressure is relieved, your vision should resolve itself within six months.

But it did not resolve itself. It’s been a year, and I am blind.

So I had to reassess my life, to look back on what God has been doing . . . .

Petruzzi's Canticlear project does not yet have many entries, but here are two of them:


We will check Canticlear regularly and post more videos. In the meantime, do subscribe to her channel.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Thanks for the highlight! I took a quick tour around the site and really love what you’re doing!

David Koyzis said...

Thank you so much, Brittany!