Pam's favourite psalm was Psalm 62, a reference to which was in the number of her car's licence plate. Several years ago, I set this psalm to verse as part of my ongoing Niagara Psalter project and dedicated it to her.
The day after her passing, my wife and I joined our daughter and son-in-law in a family service of remembrance for Pam. We sang a metrical version of Psalm 62 (but from the Genevan Psalter using my own versification), Amazing Grace, and a couple of others, with our son-in-law Paul accompanying on piano. I read Psalm 62 from my Bible. We shared stories, wept some, and prayed together. It still seems so unreal, but we live and die in hope of the resurrection.
Incidentally, when I visited her two weekends ago, I noticed that she had David Taylor's book, Open and Unafraid, on a table in her living room. I was part of a small group at my church studying this book. Sad to say, I doubt she had a chance to read it, but she had lived her whole life in such a way as to affirm its central message.

No comments:
Post a Comment